First off, an apology, I thought that the Sound Tigers were at Hartford and the XL Center, instead, they were at home this morning against the Whale at Webster Bank Arena.

Quick notes from pre-game, Kevin Poulin got the start (Nilsson backing up, Koskinen the Scratch) and Nino Niederreiter and Trevor Gillies join the line up with Dan Kissel being one of the scratches for the Sound Tigers. Anton Klementyev returns from injury and replaces Steve Oleksy.

1st Period:

Scoring wise the Sound Tigers struck first with Tim Wallace hitting his first of the season from Cizikas and DiBenedetto as that line just continues to sizzle. Three minutes later, Jonathan Audy-Marchessault tied it for the Whale on a pass from Mats Zuccarello that was a direct consequence of an Anton Klementyev turnover causing a 2 on 1 on Goalie Kevin Poulin.

Special teams wise the Soundtigers went 0/1 on a Wade Redden high sticking penalty, and were a perfect 2/2 on the penalty kill with penalties by Trevor Gillies and Tony Romano.

Poulin was largely untested, but came up aces when needed. He get's a pass on the goal as Klementyev was at fault for the Turnover.

Shots in the period: 11 each. 

2nd Period:

Continued back and forth hockey, no sustained pressure by either side. The Whale connected on another center ice turn over (this time Trevor Frischmon the culprit), this time John Mitchell goes top shelf. 

Sound Tigers picked up another PP, failing to convert. On the other side of the Special teams, Niederreiter went off for Hooking at 6:34 for a successful kill and Sean Backman picked up a hooking minor at 19:27, so the Whale begin the 3rd on the PP. 

Micheal Haley dropped the gloves late in the period with Stu Bickel...announcers weren't sure what triggered things, and I didn't hear anything on the webcast, but Haley got the sweater over Bickel's eyes and got a few punches in, so a quick scrap.

Period Shots: Bridgeport: 9 (20); Connecticut: 8 (19)

3rd Period:

Jonathan Audy-Marchssault opened the scoring on the PP that ended the 2nd. That would be the end of Connecticut's day. Tim Wallace got the Sound Tigers to within one at 9:24 into the period. A few minutes later, David Ullstrom's 5th of the season tied the game at three. That would be the scoring for the period.

Shots: Bridgeport: 10(30); Connecticut: 14 (33)


The Sound Tigers would take a penalty just 50 seconds into the Overtime period as Ty Wishart was whistled for a high stick. The Sound Tigers would kill off the penalty and Tim Wallace would net the hat-trick game winner for the Sound Tigers.

Shots: Bridgeport 1(31); Connecticut: 3 (36)

Wrap up:

Tim Wallace is unleashed! After a 3 assist game against Providence, Wallace decided to take to the Goal sheet in a big way; the Cizikas-DiBo-Wallace line continues to just be ridiculously good. Cizikas added a pair of assists on Wallace's goals, DiBenedetto would also add an assist for his team leading 10th point. Nino Neiderreiter was quiet on the score sheet, but had a good game paired with Colliton and Ullstrom, it's good that he's on the ice and playing in a game. Points will eventually come here and at the NHL.

For Connecticut, the inability to capitalize on the Powerplay cost them big. Going 1 for 5 won't win many games. Bridgeport had a great Penalty Kill all game. 

Cam Talbot stopped 27 of 31 shots and largely made the saves he had two, but Bridgeport got a few odd man rushes in the third leading to the Wallace and Ullstrom goals.

Kevin Poulin gets his second win of the year and second OT win against the Whale. A bit shakey, but a W is a W and he made big saves when needed. Baby steps as he's getting it back together. 

Bridgeport plays Norfolk on Saturday night AT Webster Bank Arena, a 7 pm start. 

That'll do it for me, enjoy.